Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday Banner

Here's Sophia's birthday banner! 




I started with 2 white squares (for my template). One was 4 x 4 and the other was 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. 

I measured where the center of each square and marked it with a red pen (just what I had handy).

Then using my paper cutter, I lined up the top corner of the square with the red mark at the bottom.

I did this to the other side, so I could get a triangle. Next, I cut 14 blue squares (4 x 4) and 14 patterned paper squares (3 1/2 x 3 1/2). Then I just used my templates to mark the middle of all of my scrapbook papers and used my paper cutter to cut all of my triangles (this went much faster than actually tracing the triangles and then cutting them out). I inked all of my edges, punched holes in the corners and tied them together with ribbon. And I used my Cricut to cut out the letters.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! I like the colors and "font" a lot.
Tricia

Unknown said...

CUTE!! Love the colors!