Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dry Erase Calendar

I've been wanting to create a dry erase calendar for a while but just never had the time to make it happen....but hello summer vacation....and now I have time to create!

So I just started with an 11 x 14 size of tagboard (or posterboard, or thick cardstock) to match my 11 x 14 frame.

I decided to start with a square to begin with for the actual calendar portion so I made it 11 x 11. Then I cut strips using a coordinating paper for the top and bottom to add color and to tie it all together.




I used a very light background paper with a grid pattern to it so it was really easy to keep my lines straight. I just worked out my grid for the calendar on scrap paper before I transferred it to my scrapbook paper. I used a pencil to make my grid and then outlined it with Sharpie. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed tutorial on creating the grid. I didn't really want to bore you and I'm definitely not mathematically inclined.

I also added a few a shapes using my Cricut with coordinating papers. I inked all the edges before I glued the shapes down.

I slapped it in a spray painted Goodwill frame and now I just need to add June and the dates.


P.S. The shapes I added are from the Give a Hoot cartridge.



No comments: